[McIDAS #JZQ-518534]: McIDAS

Hi Angel,

re:
> I've registered as address@hidden and was able to log in.

Excellent!

re:
> I need to fess up and tell you
> that I already had the McIDAS software configured before registering with the
> NC State
> email. Kinda jumped the gun.

No worries.  You are at a site that through its affiliation with NCSU is allowed
access to Unidata McIDAS.

re:
> Anyways, about IDV, I haven't had great luck getting IDV
> pointing DISPLAY at a virtual frame buffer (xvfb) and I'm sure it runs fine
> when using a
> real X display.

There has been a good amount of chatter on the idvusers email list about doing
this kind of thing lately.  If you are interested in pursuing an IDV solution,
you
may want to subscribe to address@hidden and participate in the
discussion:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

re:
> If you do visit your sister in Brevard, actually not that far from where I
> live, let me
> know. Love to get together.

Sounds good!  I will drop you a note when I can organize a visit.

Ticket ID: JZQ-518534
Department: Support McIDAS