[NOAAPORT #VHS-648329]: noaaport ingest

Hi Randy,

re:
> some progress to report.
>
> grep -i ^request etc/ldmd.conf   yields:
>
> request       ANY     ".*"    noaapnew.it-protect.com
>
> so i'm requesting all the data.

Very good.  This is what I expected.

re:
> The notify me command also indicates i'm getting data like NGRID and NIMAGE.

Excellent.

re:
> However, i do not have the  files:
> pqact.conf_mcidasA
> pqact.conf_mcidasB
>
> I suppose i need those.

Maybe, or maybe not.  It depends on if the person who setup
the processing (Martha?) followed my way of setting up things,
or if the configuration was done differently.  It could be the
case that you are, in fact, processing the NIMAGE and NGRID
data  being received but McIDAS ADDE is not yet configured
to serve the data.

To determine what data you are currently processing in the
LDM setup on noaapxcd, we need to examine:

~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
any pattern action file(s) referenced in EXEC lines in ldmd.conf

After we determine if you are processing the data, we can
move on to examining the McIDAS ADDE setup to see if it
is setup to serve the data.

re:
> Would they be located anywhere else or can i download them from unidata.

See above.

re:
> I'm enclosing my ldmd.conf file which shows at the bottom what i am decoding
> in mcidas currently.

OK, from the ldmd.conf listing, I see that there are several
pattern-action files being used on noaapxcd:

/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf
/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf_nnexrad_file
/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.thredds.tasc

Examination of the EXEC lines in your ldmd.conf file shows that
the NIMAGE datastream is _not_ being processed:

exec    "pqact -f WMO|NGRID /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf"
exec    "pqact -f NEXRAD3 /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf_nnexrad_file"
exec    "pqact -f ANY-NNEXRAD-CRAFT-CONDUIT-NIMAGE
/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.thredds.tasc"

But, it also shows that NGRID should be processed.  I can't say for sure
until I can see the contents of your active pattern-action files.

Ticket ID: VHS-648329
Department: Support NOAAPORT