[McIDAS #TSV-261063]: Using McIDAS-V to access SSEC's Open Archive

Hi Jane,

re:
> One more question: Can you make a streamline plot of the 200 mb level too
> or not?

Yes, if I can find the data.  I would have to check to see if NCDC has
the GFS 0.5 degree global fields for the dates of interest.  If they
do, I can download the data files and overlay streamlines of 200 mb
winds on top of the satellite images (or make separate displays, of
course).  The question is if there is enough time to get all of this
done tomorrow...

re:
> Oh and yes, I just found out about a website with composite
> imageries of real time and archived imageries of TCs/Hurricanes/Typhoon
> data for different ocean basins. Only problem is, it's only for during the
> TC but not 5 days prior, and the covered regions are limited to the TC
> track region.

Are those images or pictures?  An image is data; a picture is just that, a
picture?

What is the site you are referring to (i.e., what is its URL)?

re:
> Thanks again for your help!

No worries.

Ticket ID: TSV-261063