[McIDAS #QII-474254]: Using McIDAS-V to access MTSAT geostationary archive from Australia

Hi Jason,

re:
> I have McIDAS-V installed and wish to access the MTSAT geostationary
> archive, preferably tropical cyclones like Severe Tropical Cyclone Larry
> (March, 2006) and Severe Tropical Cyclone Monica (April, 2006) in the
> Australian region.

Presumably, you are referring to the archive that is maintained by the
UW/SSEC Data Center?

re:
> I'm from Australia and I'm not sure if access is only for specific users in
> the United States. Is it possible for a user name and project number to be
> created for me?

The folks in the SSEC Data Center have kindly setup a process where Unidata
university sites can get free access to their satellite archives.  As we
understand things, this offer does not extend to non-Unidata university
users.  In case we might be incorrect in our understanding of their
offer, you should contact folks at the SSEC Data Center to see if you
somehow qualify for free access to their satellite archives:

Data Center <address@hidden>

Ticket ID: QII-474254
Department: Support McIDAS