[McIDAS #TEU-219455]: topo map

Hi Kwan,

re:
> How have you been?  Did you enjoy the early September snowfall?

I've been well, thanks.  The snow we got at my house was very little, so
there was not much to enjoy.

re:
> I would like to check with you to see if the attached topo file can be read
> by McIDAS or not.  It can be displayed in GEMPAK but I could not seem to
> get it to load in McIDAS.  Perhaps I did not set up DSSERVE parameters
> correctly.

Yes, I am able to display it.  Here is what I did:

- copy newusatopo_hires.area to my $MCDATA directory (/home/mcidas/workdata)

- create an ADDE dataset for the image:

  cd $MCDATA
  dsserve.k ADD TEST/TOPO GINI TYPE=IMAGE
DIRFILE=/home/mcidas/workdata/newustopo_hires.area "Test TOPO from Kwan

  Notice that the image is in GINI format, not AREA.  This makes all the
difference

- display the image:

  imgdisp.k TEST/TOPO

That's it; the load worked nicely.

Here is information about the image:

imglist.k TEST/TOPO FORM=ALL
Image file directory listing for:TEST/TOPO
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
   1  GOES-7 IR      1 JAN 07001  00:00:00    39   99
   Band: 5    No Information Available                  5.28  5.28   762 x 1056
     proj:    0 created: 2014269 215608  memo: GINI:: Sat 10  SecID  1  ChID  5
     type:PRD      cal type:BRIT
     offsets:  data=    1280 navigation=  256 calibration=  768 auxiliary=    0
     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  0 avg-smp: N
     start yyddd: 2007001  start time:     0  start scan:    0
     lcor:    1  ecor:     1  bytes per pixel: 1  ss: 33
     Resolution Factors (base=1):   Line=    5.3   Element=    5.3
IMGLIST: done

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.