[McIDAS #TEU-219455]: topo map

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Hmm...  Changing the RES did not seem to change the color problem at all.
> Could it be that the old GOES-7 file only has 128 colors whereas the new
> image type has 256 (or more)?
>
> I am still seeing the navigation a bit off after running IMGREMAP.  The map
> outlines of Great Salt Lake and the Great Lakes are off to the SW from the
> image landmarks.
>
> I am also suspecting whether it has something to do with my McIDAS
> compilation here.  Were you able to duplicate the problems I mentioned?

I have attacked FRMSAVE captures of McIDAS displays of your original
and remapped hi-res topography image.  In both cases, I used the EB
command to manipulate the gray scale enhancement to accentuate the
parts around the Great Lakes.

My observations are:

- the navigation in your original topo image seem to be off

  Compare the map location of the Great Salt Lake and Great Lakes
  with the shorelines indicated by the image.

- the IMGREMAP remapped version of the image seems to faithfully
  replicate what is in the original image

I must say that I have not spent extensive time comparing the images,
so I may be missing something...

Ticket ID: TEU-219455
Department: Support McIDAS