[McIDAS #RTI-611076]: downloads link broken?

Hi Suvarchal,

I apologize for the slow response.  I was on travel until late last night
and my time for responding to support inquiries was limited.

re:
> when i click on downloads MCidas page
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/mcidas/index.jsp
>
> and it returns 403 error. see attached screen shot.
>
> Just maintenance thing?

No.  One must login to the Unidata website before being allowed access
to the Unidata McIDAS-X download page.  On top of that, if one's registration
with the Unidata website did not specify that their organization affiliation
was an educational institution and/or if their email address does not in in
'.edu', they will need to be added to a special exceptions list that allows
them to download the software.

Questions:

- did you login to the Unidata website before attempting to visit the
  McIDAS-X download page?

- what is the email address under which you are registered with the Unidata
  website?

  If the answer to this question is that your registration email ends with
  '.edu', then you should have been allowed access, and we will need to
  investigate.

Ticket ID: RTI-611076
Department: Support McIDAS