[McIDAS #SDN-202793]: access to Unidata McIDAS-X

Hi Dave,

re:
> I recently registered as a user and I have changed my password. I am able
> to log in but I am disallowed from the McIDAS-X download page and I am
> not sure why. I can access all other download pages except the McIDAS
> one which is my main area of interest. Can you provide any insight as
> to why I am forbidden to download McIDAS-X?

The problem is due to restrictions in our license to distribute McIDAS placed
on us by the package's owner, the Space Science and Engineering Center at
the University of Wisconsin at Madison.  In particular, educational users
(your email address, address@hidden, does not identify you as a
user at a U.S. university, for instance) are not allowed to download
Unidata McIDAS-X.  Instead, they are required to get McIDAS-X directly
from UW/SSEC, and this requires becoming a member of the McIDAS User's
Group (MUG), and this is not free.

Question:

- are you affiliated with a U.S. educational institution?

  If yes, please give details about this affiliation and provide
  your institutional email address.

Ticket ID: SDN-202793
Department: Support McIDAS