[McIDAS #FLL-588877]: GOESE/W Datafeed

Hi Mary Ellen,

re:
> Hi, we are prepping for our antennas in VA to be buried tonight by
> snow. Tom, when we spoke at AMS you mentioned we could switch to
> the UNIDATA live GOES feed which would be ideal if our antennas
> lose their signal. I wrote down that the dataloc address is:
> goese.unidata.ucar.edu.

Unfortunately, you didn't quite get the name of the server correct.
It should be:

goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu

Its counterpart for GOES-West data is goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu.

re:
> I have tried the following combinations but not
> having any success:
>
> dataloc.k ADD TMPGE GOESE.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
>
> dataloc.k ADD TMPGE UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
>
> dataloc.k ADD GOESE UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
>
> Any help you could provide would be great!

The full access information is:

ADDE Group    Server
EAST          goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu
WEST          goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.  Nice to see you in New Orleans!

Ticket ID: FLL-588877
Department: Support McIDAS