[McIDAS #AHC-658709]: McIDAS 2015 build issue on Solaris 11.3/Studio 12.3

Hi Robert,

re:
> OK. Thanks for the heads up on Solaris. I have been expecting this for
> a while. Oracle purposely chased away all but the big clients..

Yup.  It is not like we _want_ to move away from Solaris; we don't.
It "feels" like Oracle is no really interested in allowing Solaris to
flourish, or, at least, grow in market share.

re:
> The only clarification I need is..Does that mean support for Solaris
> on GEMPAK/IDV/McIDAS/LDM will go away when those legacy machines are
> gone..or perhaps sooner?

There has been no policy set so far.  I just wanted to alert you as
you are a large voice for Solaris in the community, so you deserve
to know the issues we (and others) are facing.

As far as when decisions will be made, all I can say is that we have
never dropped support for any platform while there is a non-trivial
portion of the community depending on it.  That being said, however,
it is clear that our ability to keep things working on a system that
we no longer have access to will be difficult if not impossible.

Ticket ID: AHC-658709
Department: Support McIDAS