[McIDAS #TOW-524867]: McADDE install

Hi Justin,

re: setting up ADDE datasets in the 'mcidas' account automatically makes
them available in the remote ADDE server in Unidata McIDAS (if instructions
are followed :-)

> Makes sense to me. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what happens. Thank
> you - thank you!

Very good.

re:
> Quick question related to saving images. I am accessing an ADDE remote
> server and pulling images in. I would like to IMGCOPY these to another
> directory as new images come out every 15 minutes, then remap it and save
> it again.

OK.

re:
> Let's say I set aside AREA 1 10 for these area files, what would
> be the best method to save them. Do I need to create a script with a loop
> to create consecutive iterations when new images are fetched like the
> following (below) or is there an automated way to do with this McIDAS
> (maybe the scheduler?) or do you have another method of choice?

I can think of a number of ways of doing what I think you want, and
all of them involve building some smarts into a script that runs the
IMGCOPY (and possibly other) utilities.

re:

> IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA   >> saves as AREA 1
> IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.1  >> saves as AREA 2
> IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.2 >> saves as AREA 3
> IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.3  >> saves as AREA 4

The output AREA file name will depend on how you setup the ADDE
dataset that will be used for output which is TEST in this example.
What I mean is:

If

DSSERVE ADD TEST/DATA AREA 1 10 TYPE=IMAGE "AREA files created by IMGCOPY
commands

IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST.DATA

will create the output image in AREA0001.  Your second invocation will do
the same thing.  In this example, it is easiest to be specific in designating
the output position:

IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.1 >> saves as AREA0002
IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.2 >> saves as AREA0003
IMGCOPY NEW/DATA TEST/DATA.3 >> saves as AREA0004

NB: where the output AREA file(s) get written is governed by
your MCPATH environment variable settings and file REDIRECTions.
A file REDIRECTion takes precedence over MCPATH, so you can
define a REDIRECTion (command REDIRECT) that will tell McIDAS
where files matching a simple regular expression are to be
read/written.  If there are no REDIRECTions defined, then the
location where an AREA file created by IMGCOPY will be written
is the first writable directory in your MCPATH.

re:
> I am looking to save 10 images in a folder at a time. Once more than 10
> images are saved, the oldest image is kicked out and the newest image is
> saved.

This can be accomplished using the CYCLE= keyword on the IMGCOPY command.
Describing the use of CYCLE= is tricky to do in general.  The best way
to understand how CYCLE= can help you accomplish your goal is to run
some tests and examine your results.

Ticket ID: TOW-524867
Department: Support McIDAS