[McIDAS #PVX-650315]: Issue trying to display dataset in mcidas

Hi Justin,

re:
> Thanks for looking into this, Tom. :-)

No worries.

re:
> I also get the same result when changing the naming convention.

After looking at the ADDE server code (file fsdxaget2.for) to see how
it sets the names of the segment files, I am left wondering if the
'C' in the segment files that you provided somehow indicate that they
are compressed in some manner.  The server code is _not_ expecting that
the data in the segment files is compressed, so if they are, the bands
of "noise" seen in the image I sent along (and which you apparently
replicated) would be natural.

Question:

- does your data request to EUMETSAT have any way of specifying
  your wanting uncompressed versus compressed files?

  I am grasping at straws here, so please bear with me.

re:
> Also, I have checked the data with a program called MSG Data Manager that
> reads it natively and it did display correctly, so at this point I don't
> believe it is due to corrupted data.

Could it be that 'MSG Data Manager' understands compressed data in the
segment files?

Do you have any references for the structure of the files that you are
downloading?

Ticket ID: PVX-650315
Department: Support McIDAS