[McIDAS #IBM-577784]: 20160518: Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD v2016 is now available

Hi Heather,

re:
> Thanks Tom!

No worries.  I remember this morning that you asked about the status of Unidata
McIDAS
upgrades back in January (? or sometime close to it), so I thought I'd drop you
quick note.

re:
> What are the major changes?

The major changes are outlined in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/

    Documentation -> release notes
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/release.html

      Release Notes
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/release_notes.html

In short, Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD always contains all SSEC updates in their latest
McIDAS-X and McIDAS-XCD releases plus Unidata modifications, bug fixes and
additions.

re:
> I should have some time next week to upgrade all of our mcidas installations.

OK.  No rush from my point of view, I just wanted to let you know about the
new distribution's availability.

Ticket ID: IBM-577784
Department: Support McIDAS