[McIDAS #LOB-532260]: Error building McIDAS-X 2016

Hi Kwan,

re:
> It appeared that I got the same error after following the steps you
> indicated.

In the last part of makelog excerpt you sent, I see that for some reason
your build is attempting to use the system-installed libz:

/export-5/ncosrvnfs-cp/nawips1/os/linux2.6.32_x86_64/lib/libz.a: could not
read symbols: Bad value

Now the question is why your build is trying to use a system-installed
libz.a when the make file says to use the one built in the McIDAS
distribution?

Please send me the output of the following:

env

Question:

- did you follow the instructions in the page I sent earlier that describes
  how to set the environment by reading the ~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.(csh|sh)
  file(s)?

Ticket ID: LOB-532260
Department: Support McIDAS