[McIDAS #LOB-532260]: Error building McIDAS-X 2016

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I have the env output in the attachment.

It looks like there are problems in your environment that may be the
cause of your McIDAS-X build problems.  Environment variables
that are red flags for me include, but are not limited to:

VENDOR=-g77       - this should be VENDOR=-gfortran
FC=g77
LDFLAGS=-L/awips2/python/lib
-L/export-5/ncosrvnfs-cp/nawips1/os/linux2.6.32_x86_64/lib -s -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
FFLAGS=-O -Wuninitialized -fno-automatic -ff90-intrinsics-hide
XLIBS=-lXm -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lXp -lXext -lXmu -lXft -ljpeg -lpng -lz
all of the GEMPKA environment variable settings
MCVER=2009
MCSRC=/export/wpc-lw-fobdev5/kkong/mcidas/mcidas2009/src
MCUPDATE=/export/wpc-lw-fobdev5/kkong/mcidas/mcidas2009/update
etc.

I am thinking that your problem is being caused by trying to build McIDAS
in an environment that has a LOT of GEMPAK-specific things defined.

Pleases send me your Cshell configuration file, .cshrc so I can advise you
on how to properly set an environment in which McIDAS-X can be built.

Ticket ID: LOB-532260
Department: Support McIDAS