[McIDAS #OWS-342844]: Global lightning data

Hi Kwan,

re: access to/redistribution of lightning data is restricted
> Ok, I see.  Thanks.

No worries.

re:
> On another note, when I issued the command in an x-term,
>
> dsinfo.k RTIMAGES
>
> The system hangs for a while before returning with
>
> dsinfo.k: Cannot contact server (connect() failed)
> No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: RTIMAGES
> DSINFO -- done
>
> I suppose this is likely a firewall issue, right?

Perhaps.  It could also be that the server that you are trying to contact
is not running.

Question:

- what ADDE server do you have your McIDAS installation setup to access for
  the RTIMAGES imagery?

  If it is one of the ones that we operate, then the answer to your question
  is that it is most likely that outbound connections to port 112 are being
  blocked on your machine/network.

Ticket ID: OWS-342844
Department: Support McIDAS