[McIDAS #TAL-270196]: Not getting MD data

Hi Heather,

NB: I redirected your inquiry from our LDM area of our inquiry tracking
system to our McIDAS area since I don't think that the problem you saw
has anything to do with the LDM...

re:
> Last week I upgraded my LDM from 6.12.6 to the newest version 6.13.2.

OK.  I recommend you upgrade to v6.13.3.  Why?  There was a small bug
in v6.13.2 that prevented 'notifyme' from logging to a file when using
the '-l file_name' option, and this was corrected in v6.13.3.  This does
not have anything to do with the problem you are reporting, however.

re:
> I upgraded on Monday July 18th, and had no problems installing the new
> LDM and getting it to run.  I checked on all of my products the next day,
> and there were no problems.

OK.  That is our experience also on multiple machines.

re:
> However, I noticed today that I have not been getting MD data (surface,
> synoptic, ship, upperair) since Tuesday July 19th at 4Z.  I ran a
> notifyme and can see the MD data in my feed, but I am not saving it.
> I only upgraded my LDM, I did not modify any .conf files or pqact files.

Were your McIDAS-XCD data monitors still running?  What did your McIDAS-XCD
log file (typically ~ldm/logs/XCD_START.LOG) indicate?

re:
> I reverted back to my older version, and am getting the MDXX files saved
> in my /data/ directory again.

It very might have been the case that restarting your LDM would have
had the same effect as reverting back to a previous LDM version since
that requires an LDM restart also.  We run McIDAS-XCD decoding on
all of our motherlode-class systems which running LDM-6.13.3, and
we are not seeing any problems.

re:
> I appreciate any help you can offer!

Since the McIDAS-XCD decoding is run out an EXEC line in the LDM
configuration file (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf), a complete failure of
the decoding should cause your LDM to shut down.  Since you didn't
indicate that this happened, I have to assume that something else
happened on your system, and that 'something' was cleared when
the LDM was restarted.  Why this would be the case, I cannot say.

Ticket ID: TAL-270196
Department: Support McIDAS