[McIDAS #HJB-604725]: issue installing ADDE server CentOS 7.2

Hi Robert,

re:
> Just letting you know that McIDAS did build and install correctly this time.

Excellent!  I assume that things went smoothly (i.e., worked) after
you made sure to source the 'mcidas_env.(sh|csh)' file before
attempting to build.

re:
> Now I am having an issue installing the ADDE server. I assume there is
> something different about the way CentOS 7.2 handles inet.d type things..

OK, now we are in new territory...

re:
> [root@psnwx mcidas]# sh ./mcinet2016.sh install mcadde
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status  xinetd.service
> Unit xinetd.service could not be found.
> mcinet2016: ERROR: xinetd needs to be restarted with the command:
>
> service xinetd restart
>
> [root@psnwx mcidas]#  service xinetd restart
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart  xinetd.service
> Failed to restart xinetd.service: Unit not found.

Is xinetd installed?

I ask because xinetd has not been installed in a default OS
installation for some time.  Try installing it using 'yum':

<as 'root'>
yum install xinetd

and then rerunning the mcinet2016.sh script as you indicated above.

Comment:

- you realize that you only need to setup xinetd if you want the
  machine to serve data via ADDE remotely

  I am _not_ suggesting that you do not setup remote ADDE access.
  I just wanted to make sure you and I are on the same page.

Ticket ID: HJB-604725
Department: Support McIDAS