[McIDAS #WVO-700275]: How to get McIDAS-X?

Hi Hiram,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you...

re:
> Hello, good afternoon, my name is Hiram Abif Meza Landero, I am a student
> of atmospheric sciences in the University of Veracruz, México, and I am
> interesting to use McIDAS-X. I am doing investigation with Regional Climate
> Models for seasonal prognostic and I would like to display the outs of my
> investigation in McIDAS-X.

OK.

re:
> I have read that McIDAS-X is free for educational institutions, and I would
> like know, how I can to have access to the software?

Yes, but:

Second, our license to distribute our version of McIDAS-X, Unidata
McIDAS-X, limits us to distributing to university departments, not
individuals.  Please ask someone from your department to request access
to Unidata McIDAS-X on your behalf.  When we receive that request, we
will send along the conditions that the owners of McIDAS, the University
of Wisconsin's Space Science and Engineering Center (UW/SSEC), require
us to impose on non-U.S. education sites before they can get access to the
software.

I apologize for the extra effort that it will take on your and your
department's part to get access to Unidata McIDAS-X, but there is
nothing we can do because of the license restrictions that UW/SSEC
has imposed on us.

Ticket ID: WVO-700275
Department: Support McIDAS