[McIDAS #IQB-617279]: Fwd: McIDAS-X Access?

Hi Adna,

re:
> Thank you so much for your assistance, it was very helpful.

No worries.

re:
> I only have access to a Windows computer at home so I was hoping to use
> the corresponding version of McIDAS. However when I tried to download the
> files
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/mcidas/win7/2016/index.jsp) the .tar
> and .sh files were missing.

Thanks for reporting this.  It turns out that the problem was in the URL
definition.  I have fixed this so you should be able to download the
SSEC v2016.1 Windows 7 distribution now.

re:
> Are they still available?

Yes they are.  Please try the download again, and make sure to refresh the
web page that lists all of the files in the v2016.1 Windows 7 distribution:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/mcidas/win7/2016/index.jsp

Comments:

Depending on what your objective is, it may well be the case that you
would be better off using the Unidata IDV or SSEC's McIDAS-V packages
as these run exceptionally well under Windows.

It will really help me support you in the use of McIDAS if I understood
what you want to do with the package.  Can you elaborate a bit so I
can better advise you on which package would best suit your needs?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for the difficulty you encountered
when trying to download the SSEC v2016.1 binary distribution for Windows
7!

Ticket ID: IQB-617279
Department: Support McIDAS