[McIDAS #EIH-762295]: (No Subject)

Hi Patrick,

re:
> Say, a quick mcidas-x question for you.
>
> I'm wondering if a Unidata McIDAS-X update (post 2016 version) is in the
> works in the near future?

Yes, absolutely.

re:
> The reason I ask, I'm considering installing SSEC's 2017.1 release with
> it's purported GOES-R ABI server, nav and cal module updates,

I understand.  Just so you know, the updated GOES-R ABI and product server
in v2017 is only needed if you have GOES-16 imagery from a GRB ingest
installation that is running SSEC/CIMSS's CSPP-GEO package and want to
serve/access the data locally.  Accessing and using the imagery served by
a v2017 ADDE installation works correctly from pre-v2017 versions of McIDAS-X.
As to Nav and Cal updates, these might be useful in some instances.

re:
> that may
> perhaps solve my problem listing and displaying imagery from the 'EOL'
> and 'INGEST' ADDE servers.

I don't think that you will see any difference when running v2017 than
you are seeing in v2016, but I'd be happy if you did!

re:
> If a UNIDATA release is near

Yes.  I am currently working on the ADDE servers for the GOES-16 imagery
that is being distributed in the NOAAPort SBN (I've completed the ADIR
server and I am now working on the AGET server).  My plans have been to
add the servers to the Unidata v2017 distribution and release it as
soon as possible (maybe as early as mid next week?).

re:
> - maybe I should hold off.  What's you take?

I can let you have a Unidata v2017 distribution that does not have the
ADDE servers that support the NOAAPort SBN GOES-16 imagery right now
if you want to test to see if it works correctly for you.  Please let
me know.

re:
> Thanks for any and all advice and hope all is well,

No worries, and I'm doing fine, thanks.

Ticket ID: EIH-762295
Department: Support McIDAS