[McIDAS #ENV-248133]: GOES Visible reflectance normalization in McIDAS

Hi Greg,

re:
> I'm thinking that IMGNORM might do what I want.

OK.

re:
> NAVCALC seems to calculate
> the angles but only on an interactive basis - is that correct?

As far as I can tell, NAVCALC is used for computing things other than
sun angle.

re:
> If I could
> calculate the solar zenith angle for each pixel in an image, then I think I
> could do an IMGOPER to calculate a new corrected reflectance field but
> there may be an easier way of doing this as many different groups plot
> their imagery this way.

It seems like IMGNORM should do the kind of thing you have in mind.  I
have not read the code to verify that the description provided in the
Remarks section of its HELP (HELP IMGNORM) is accurate, but I think that
it is worth a try.

re: Unidata McIDAS has a number of XRD routines, but not all

> Thanks Tom - I see imgnorm is in the makefile for the latest version of
> mcidas I have (2016). I'll take a look at that and see if that does what I
> want.

IMGNORM has been included in Unidata builds for as long as I can remember.
It is in the pre-release of v2017 also.

Let me know how it goes with IMGNORM...

Ticket ID: ENV-248133
Department: Support McIDAS