[McIDAS #CYB-444461]: McIDAS-X installation on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Sohail,

re:
> i followed all the steps and it works fine for me, please ignore
> the previous email. :) thank you once again for the nice and kind guidance.

No worries.

re:
> I followed the step to copy the images from SF1 to SF7 using the following
> command
>
> *IMGCOPY EAST/NH.1 MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 BAND=4 SIZE=SAME*
> *IMGCOPY EAST/NH.13 MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 BAND=4 SIZE=SAME .....*
>
> and so on for other images.

Very good.

re:
> I have a question here,
> *how to load these saved images into McIDAS for later usage? and *

MYDATA/IMAGES is an ADDE dataset just like EAST/NH, etc.  The only difference
is that it is local, not remote.  The process of listing content, displaying
images, etc. is no different for local datasets as it is for remote datasets.

re:
> *2nd where i can find the MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 files? i-e where it stores in
> the system

Where the actual data files that comprise a local ADDE dataset get written
depends on how a user's MCPATH environment variable is defined and on
another McIDAS facility called REDIRECT that we won't worry about right
now since it would only complicate your understanding (REDIRECT is not
typically used by McIDAS novices).  Since your McIDAS installation and
setup for the user 'mcidas' follows the instructions in the Unidata
McIDAS User's Guide, the files would have been written to the first
writable directory in your MCPATH setting, and, unless you changed
something, this would be the ~mcidas/workdata directory.

re:
> and how i can load back it to McIDAS and process it.*

Again, in McIDAS data files are accessed as part of ADDE datasets,
and access to the elements (e.g., images) of a dataset is exactly
the same for local datasets (like MYDATA/IMAGES) as it is for
remote datasets.

re:
> can you please guide me for this with the commands.

I think that it is best if you figure this out for yourself.  When
you do, you will feel more confident in understanding how things
work, and this will make doing new things in McIDAS that much easier.

Ticket ID: CYB-444461
Department: Support McIDAS