[McIDAS #JAV-781741]: McIDAS-X on Windows or Linux

Hi Kwan,

re: what broke on your laptop

> First signs: my Windows 10 became very slow and the task bar disappeared.
> I rebooted the system but it took a long time for it to show the desktop
> background image with no icons and no task bar.  I rebooted it again and
> attempted to restore it to the previous restore point.  Not only did it not
> help fixing the problem, it rendered the system un-bootable (with the "blue
> screen of death") after trying system restore the second time.

Wow, this really is bad!

re:
> I cannot recall where the CentOS image is located.  Where is yours
> located?

I created a folder named C:\VMware and put all of my virtual machine
images under it.  Where your image would be found would have been
up to you when you first setup VMware Player, but it is most likely
that it would have been somewhere on your C: drive.

re:
> Did you update/upgrade CentOS since a couple of years ago?

I keep my CentOS VM up to date by letting 'yum update' run as 'root'
inside of the VM.  This setup, by the way, is the default, so you
would have had to turn it off to stop it.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: JAV-781741