Re: DODS AS on www.ferret

Joe McLean wrote:

Hi John,

I have set up a new unidata agg server at
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov:9090/dodsC.
I am receiving an error when I try to access the NcML.xml file:
-----------------
Error { code = 5; message = "CatalogServlet ERROR opening NcDataset
NDBCstdmetNcML.xml access =
file:/home/ferret/web/htdocs/UNIDATA_AS/tomcat/webapps/dodsC/WEB-INF/dodsAS/NDBCstdmetNcML.xml
Error in building: WEB-INF"; };
----------------
2 parts of the tomcat catalina log show:
-----------------------
[...]
java.io.IOException: Error in building: WEB-INF
at ucar.nc2.dataset.NcMLReader.readXML(NcMLReader.java:78)
at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.<init>(NetcdfDataset.java:130)
at ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.factory(NetcdfDataset.java:80)
at dods.servers.netcdf.NcDataset.<init>(NcDataset.java:135)
at dods.servers.netcdf.NcDataset.<init>(NcDataset.java:36)
at
dods.servers.netcdf.NcDataset$NetcdfFactory.factory(NcDataset.java:67)
at dods.servers.agg.CacheDataset.acquire(CacheDataset.java:142)
at dods.servers.netcdf.NcDataset.acquire(NcDataset.java:86)
at dods.servers.agg.CatalogServlet.getDataset(CatalogServlet.java:712)
at dods.servlet.DODSServlet.doGetHTML(DODSServlet.java:1139)
at dods.servlet.DODSServlet.doGet(DODSServlet.java:1851)
[...]
------------------------
and
------------------------
[...]
dods.dap.DODSException: CatalogServlet ERROR opening NcDataset
NDBCstdmetNcML.xml access =
file:/home/ferret/web/htdocs/UNIDATA_AS/tomcat/webapps/dodsC/WEB-INF/dodsAS/NDBCstdmetNcML.xml

Error in building: WEB-INF
at dods.servers.agg.CatalogServlet.getDataset(CatalogServlet.java:716)
[...]
-------------------------

The NcML.xml file is an exact copy of what was working before, I simply
changed the name (also in the catalog.xml file).
I have been through the dodsC/debug page.  I have tried to find the
error in TOMCAT documentation  The only difference that I see is that
the version of java on the machine stout is
j2sdk1.4.0
and the version on machine ferret is j2sdk1.4.1_01

I'm stuck, any ideas?

Joe
when i look at the debug "show acccess URLs", i get as the internal access path:

file://WEB-INF/dodsAS/NDBCstdmetNcML.xml

try using an absolute file path with file:/// ; i dont really understand where tomcat puts the working directory, and i think they have changed it in different versions. once you get that working, you can experiment with reletive paths if you want.