Re: Agg Server config

Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for the long silence - or maybe you are greatful!

I got thredds to successfully reference a netCDF file via HTTP over apache.

I have been busy, and some of that has been writing an HTTP server for netCDF files which I can use to retrieve data from a database on the basis of URL parameters. I hope I have nearly finished.

Could you please let me know if the Thredds server is performing its requests using HTTP 1.0, 1.1, or some variant?

I have something which works correctly if I send precise HTTP1.1 commands with TELNET, but wget breaks the connection and uses HTTP1.0.

I haven't yet tested my server in the agg server, but I guess I'm trying to understand things not just do trial and error. I'll do some more poking via telnet tomorrow to try to establish what's going on, but you guys will have your waking cycle in between now and then and may care to throw your 2c into the pond...

Cheers,
-T

The THREDDS servlets use the Tomcat servlet engine, which will respond to both HTTP 1.0 or 1.1

The client i believe is the one that indicates if it wants 1.0 or 1,1 when it makes its request. Most browserss and the Java library should use 1.1 im pretty sure.

If you are using the get byte range request, that is only in HTTP 1.1, so any client using 1.0 i would expect to not work.

An "HTTP server for netCDF files" sounds cool, id like to hear more about it and bang on it when its ready.