Re: how can I open netcdf file in applet?

Hi Bob...

I agree that this is a good way to go....IF your users can install the
Java Runtime on their machines.  The problem we've had is that in
Windows XP, Administrator Privleges are still required to do this and
not everyone can do this (for example, most of our staff is not
"authorized").  We have gotten around this in a few cases by creating
an installer for javaws, but then it is not automatically linked to
the browser....Catch-22.  Most of the time, though, it has been easier
to just make an applilcation and package it with the JRE....

If you have other solutions, please let me know, too!!

tom