Re: data transformation questions

Hi Stuart-

Stuart Maclean wrote:
I did try the geosubsetting in idv 1.3b2, but it didn't quite do what I needed. My subgrid is actually defined by grid points, or equivalently, kilometers, rather than lat lon as catered for by IDV. My grid has a lambert conformal projection from x,y to lat,lon. So I completed a nice netcdf filter app which takes index ranges for coordinate variables and uses Array.section to dice up the data.

We'll think about row/column subsetting to the spatial subsetting
panel for a future release.  The underlying GeoGrid API supports
this, we just haven't exposed it to the user.

Also, in trying to display my data (wind speed) in IDV as knots rather than ms-1, I don't see a 'Change Display Unit' in the Edit menu of the display control (I tried all three Plan Views with same result). The User's Guide mentions that 'Some displays allow you to change the unit that is used in the display' but doesn't state exactly which ones ?

All three plan view displays are set to have that menu if the
unit is not null.  Does the netCDF variable have the unit
attribute and is it a valid unit specification?
Can you provide a copy of your file that I can take a look at?
(send me a link).

Thanks again.

BTW if anyone is interested in my netcdf filter app, i can post it.

I'd be interested.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm