aggregating NAM model output

Netcdf-java folk:

I tried a simple NcML aggregation along time for a few 12-km NAM
files, downloaded from motherlode via the NetCDF subset server.  The
forecasts are updated every 6 hours, and each forecast has a different
time origin.  Does NetCDF-Java only look at the first time origin when
concatenating?

I was trying to create a "best wind" time series by taking only
forecast hours 3 and 6 from each 72 hour forecast.   If I load the
files using NetCDF-Java, the times are correct, with a uniform time
interval of 3 hours.   But when I look at the aggregation, the first
two time values get repeated for the duration of the time series.

The .nc files and .ncml file are in this zip:

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/nam_test.zip  (1.1 Mb)

Is this a bug, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Rich
--
Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229