Re: help using NcML...

Hi Tom:
1) You need to get the namespace right on the NcML

2) spaces, not commas between the dimensions:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>

<dimension name="channel" length="8000" />
<dimension name="xtrack" length="60" />
<dimension name="track" length="200" />

<variable name="Radiances" shape="track xtrack channel" type="float" />
<variable name="Latitude" shape="track xtrack" type="float" />
<variable name="Longitude" shape="track xtrack" type="float" />
<variable name="channel" shape="channel" type="float" />
</netcdf>

Tom Rink wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new NetCDF-3 file using NcML, and
it doesn't seem to work.  I've tried this using the toolsUI
GUI and manually as well.  The file gets created, but an
NCdump shows no variables or dimensions.

I tried opening
a valid NetCDF file in the GUI and use the NcML tab to
get it's xml reperesentation.  Then I use the "save to Netcdf"
option and got the same result.

Im not sure why this would fail, if you can recreate, send me the details

I'm tring to create NetCDF-3 file from an HDF5 file that
the Java-NetCDF package can't interpret, and thought the
NcML would be handy.  Of course I can use the API
directly.

If this is the problem on chunked data, i will have a fix for that
(eventually). Sorry its taking so long...