Re: File Formats

Hi Ken:

You probably need to add the attribute
 :positive = "up";

to your altitude variable, see CF-1.0 section 4.3

Ken Mankoff wrote:
Perhaps this belongs on the netcdf mailing list, but I thought I'd post here first.

I've created a netcdf file, and IDV says "No gridded data found for /path/to/file, would you like to try another source". This is if I have one of my axes as "altitude" with units "meters", which is a CF standard I think. If I change "altitude" to "pressure" and "meters" to "hPa", then the data loads in IDV.

What am I doing wrong when creating this file?

Thanks,

   -k.