Re: Fwd: [thredds] looking for users of netcdf4/hdf5 files to test netcdf-java 4.0

Hi Rich at al:

Sorry, but writing netcdf4 files with Java-Netcdf is much further off than I
had hoped. The problem is that the format has gotten much more complex in
version 1.8 than originally planned, and they have plans to continue to change
it. At the moment, Im just trying to get the reading done correctly. After
that, we'll have to see what resources it will take to add writing.

Rich Signell wrote:
Guys,

Just in case you are not on this list.   I downloaded the ToolsUI
viewer and used it to successfully open and view (see attached screen
grab) the unstructured mesh hdf5-based XMDF file at

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/mesh_datasets.h5

which is very encouraging!   Since we can read XMDF files with
NetCDF4, I assume this means we could write them also (right John)?

-Rich