Re: "Unable to find center point variables" problem

Rich/John -

The center point error message is from the IDV but is a result
(albeit obscure) of the vertical transform not being picked up.
In the netCDF tools, the vertical transform does not show up so
it's either a bad definition in the NcML or a bug in the netCDF-Java
library.

Don

Rich Signell wrote:
John,

I think Don Murray passed this along, but the e-mail trail was quite
confusing, so here's the original question again, which still stands:

I have a NCML file that attempts to "CF-ize" a non-conforming NetCDF file:

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/test/ecom_test.ncml

If I open this file in IDV 2.4, I can view the 2D fields like
"heat_flux" just fine, but when I try an isosurface of a 3D field like
"temp", I get the Error:

"Couldn't get data
Unable to find center point variables"

I haven't seen this error before.   Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm