Re: Remote access to netCDF files through HTTP

Whats the URL of the file you want to access through HTTP?
Needham, Sheila wrote:
John,

I'm getting this error when my program tries to access a file over the network:

Exception
java.io.IOException: Server does not support byte Ranges
at ucar.unidata.io.http.HTTPRandomAccessFile.<init>(HTTPRandomAccessFile.java:99) at ucar.unidata.io.http.HTTPRandomAccessFile.<init>(HTTPRandomAccessFile.java:78)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.getRaf(NetcdfFile.java:277)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:258)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:231)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:219)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:207)
        at test.TestNetcdf.main(TestNetcdf.java:20)
Process exited with exit code 0.

Looking at the NetCDF-Java User's Manual it would seem I have to "configure the server to set the Content-Length and Accept-Ranges:Bytes headers". It's not obvious (to me) how I do this. Can you point me to some documentation? I'm using Tomcat 5.5.

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila Needham  Senior Software Developer
Infrastructure Development Team   Technology
*Met Office*  Fitzroy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1626 363489 E-mail: address@hidden
_http://www.metoffice.gov.uk_