Re: HDF 4 > ncml?

At 06:28 PM 8/3/2008, John Caron wrote:
Hi Ted:

Look at "NcML as output" section in http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/. Be sure to use the latest version of Netcdf-Java version 4.0 to read HDF-4 files.

However you cant use ncdump -x, because the netCDF C library doesnt read HDF-4 files. Im guessing Peter and Mike are talking about a version of ncdump supplied by hdfgroup.org?

Yes, that's what I was talking about. But your solution is much better. Very nice.

Mike

Ted Habermann wrote:
Hello All,
The NOAA CoastWatch Program provides data in HDF4 files which include a bunch of high-quality metadata (attributes) that I would like to extract. Seems like a good idea to extract them in XML, maybe even a better idea to extract them in NCML. I figured you guys would know if a tool existed to do this...
Ted

--
Mike Folk   The HDF Group    http://hdfgroup.org     217.244.0647
1901 So. First St., Suite C-2, Champaign IL 61820