[netCDFJava #SYH-931648]: command line NcML ==> NetCDF

Hi Rich,

Sorry. My mistake. It is failing for me as well. I'm using the latest 4.0 and
I'm guessing you are too. I haven't tried 2.2 but I don't think it would fail.

I believe, in a recent 4.0 refactor, NcML handling got shuffled out of the core
NetcdfFile class and into NetcdfDataset. The problem is that FileWriter didn't
get that message and is still opening the input file with NetcdfFile.open().

I'll dig into this a bit more tomorrow and double check and see about a fix to
FileWriter.

Ethan

> I can convert this NcML file to NetCDF using the ToolsUI GUI:
>
> http://coast-enviro.er.usgs.gov/models/share/fvcom.ncml
>
> but when I try
>
> using the command line:
>
> java -classpath toolsUI.jar ucar.nc2.FileWriter -in <NcML filename>
> -out <nc filename>
>
> on this file, I get "Cant read fvcom.ncml: not a valid NetCDF file".
>
> Does it work for you?
>
> -Rich

Ticket ID: SYH-931648
Department: Support netCDF Java