[THREDDS #DHA-774094]: NetCDF Help - direction??

Hi Sarah:

I dont really understand your problem. Apparently  you used the service at

http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/ncss/grid/nam/200812/20081201/nam_218_20081201_0000_000.grb/dataset.html

to extract some data. What is the other souyrce of data that you are comparing
to where the lat/lon doesnt match?

> Hello,
>
> My name is Sarah Reinke and I am a graduate student here at UW
> Milwaukee Wisconsin. I am currently trying to figure out the lat/lon
> values for my grid using the Lambert Conformal projection. I collected
> my data from the NOMADS site using the NAM model, however lat and lon
> data was not available with my collected data. I contacted NOMADS to
> ask how I could find the lat/long coordinates of each point and they
> suggested your site:
>
> http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/ncss/grid/nam/200812/20081201/nam_218_20081201_0000_000.grb/dataset.html
>
> Which is very useful - other than the lat/long matrix ends up being
> 145x99 and my  NOMADS data is in a matrix of 146x101 because sometimes
> the model tends to add on a few extra lat or lon coordinates to expand
> the region. This causes a major problem when I try to read in both
> types of data into my computer program because the data matrices do not
> match up. I think the best idea is to shrink all of my collected NOMADS
> data into a 145x99 matrix - find all of the 391 points that don't match
> up with the NetCDF files and get rid of them - HOWEVER - I do not know
> how to do this.
>
> Do you have any suggestions??
>
> Sarah Reinke

Ticket ID: DHA-774094