Re: [Fwd: [idvusers] Local Grib Tables]

Hi Jeff & Robb,

Much appreciated, thanks!

I actually do have access to (most of) Météo France's tables. Once I get a chance to compile them properly, I'll see if I can do something about sending them back to you. I reckon the fws tables stand for "French Weather Service" or is "Frog Weather Service"? haha ;-)

Anyhow, there is a problematic issue that I need to raise since I only became aware of it recently: MF apparently compresses their GRIB1 files with some algorithm, home-made. I have the decompressing algorithm in a program but I am not sure whether I am at liberty to disclose it for now... I wouldn't want to shoot myself in the foot on this one.

First I shall test those GRIBs in GRIBJava & if need be, I can enquire about it and should I get a positive answer, disclose the small utility that decompresses them on the fly.

Many thanks,

Remi

Robb Kambic wrote:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/