[netCDFJava #JWP-203215]: ParameterTable: UnknownDiscipline 255

Tom,

After thinking about your problem, depending on the version of the grib.jar,
the problem might go away with rebuilding the grib indexes. The newer indexes
don't include the UnknownDiscipline records so you will not get the messages in
the log files. I don't know how many files you have or if this is possible but
you could delete the old indexes, the files ending in gbx with the same name as
the grib file. You wouldn't have to delete all the indexes, just the indexes of
the models with UnknownDiscipline messages. You can check the index file using
unix less command if they are text indexes and if they are binary type, use
ucar.grib.ShowGribIndex. The new indexes will have to be version at least  7.0
for this to work. Could you let me know your status on this, there might be
some other solutions. Also, I changed the level of the
logging message from warn to debug so in the future this will not be a problem.

Robb...

Ticket ID: JWP-203215
Department: Support netCDF Java