[THREDDS #YDW-329913]: FMRC time problem again

> John,
>
> OMG!   The 4.1+ timeUnitsChange combo fixed it!   I'm not even going
> to try to figure out which one!  ;-)
>
> Thanks!!!!

party time most excellent!

> -Rich
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Rich Signell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > We will soon go from 24 hour forecasts to 48 hour forecasts, so we'll
> > want the FRMC.   But it would be nice to have a "eliminate duplicate
> > time values" from the joinExisting, for sure!
> >
> > I don't understand the FRMC behavior, however. There should not be any
> > duplicate coordinate values for the 1st time value.  (it only occurs
> > once, in the first file in the FRMC).   So why does it get a zero
> > value?   Is it because the dateFormatMark pulled from the filename
> > does not match the 1st time value?

its because there are 12 time steps in the first file and 13 in the second (at
least with the files i was testing). timeUnitsChange = true forces the fmrc to
read all the coordinates up front, which correctly deals with the problem.

But I will try upgrading to 4.1
> > and adding the timeUnitsChange.  I thought that only applied if the
> > time units changed.    Now why did I think that?  ;-)

yeah, its a kludge!

Ticket ID: YDW-329913
Department: Support THREDDS