[netCDF #OMZ-943617]: broken file download link

Hi Brian,

> On your website:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Getting-Prebuilt-DLL.html#Getting-Prebuilt-DLL
>
> I'm am trying to access the linked to file:
> ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip
>
> and I have failed to do so.  I tried from dedicated ftp program,
> internet explorer, windows explorer, and firefox under linux, so I
> think it may have to do with the server unless I'm still doing
> something wrong.

I just tried accessing

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip
in Firefox directly from you email, and it seemed to work fine.  I checked the
permissions on the file and directory, which also appear to be OK.

If you can access the directory in which the file is stored, maybe then you
could just click on the releveant link within that directory to download it:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/

I just tried that also, and it seemed to be working.

I think our FTP setup requires that we can do a forward and reverse
name lookup for hosts attempting to connect.  Maybe the host that you
are coming in from is not recognized by a DNS server.  I'm also
forwarding your message to our system administrator, in case he can
see a message in the FTP log files that shows what the problem is.  If
you can tell us the hostname, domain name, and approximate time at
which you were trying to access the file, it would help locate
anything about the connection attempts in our log files.

Thanks.

--Russ

Ticket ID: OMZ-943617
Department: Support netCDF