[IDV #LEH-376488]: 4D import

Hi Lee-

> Understood!  Can you recommend any type of temporary work around? The model
> coordinate variable is just an integer value...can I label it as something
> that IDV WILL recognize just for the sake of importing it?

You could label it as a level for now.  I've attached an NcML file for the CMIP
file you sent.  Just place it in the same directory as that file and load the
.ncml file in through the file chooser.  The ensemble members will show up as
the Levels.

> I'm struggling to find information in general in the CF convention and IDV
> documentations that address how to format a 4th dimension that is NOT time or
> space related.

There is no convention yet for this.  There is a discussion that just started,
but no recommendation has been made.

Don

Ticket ID: LEH-376488
Department: Support IDV