Re: Fwd: netCDF and IDV for the Deepwater Horizon

Hi CJ,

The head of the IDV went to NOAA, Climate Services PSD.

address@hidden

Have you changed your memory allocation in the IDV?

It is set at a 512 MB default, and it can be bumped higher if the machine has the RAM. 32 bit machines will only offer 1.5 GB of space for the stack heap, but 64 bit machines can go much higher :)

We have run the IDV with 12 GB of RAM and had great improvement. You would also need to make sure you have the latest (2.9) version installed. Memory inprovements in the underlying Vis5D package have ben incorporated into that build.

Changing units ~should get rid of the 273 Kelvin offset...

Let us know how else we can help!

Cheers,

Jeff