Re: webstart issues with netcdf-4.1.jar

 On 8/24/2010 11:01 AM, Steve Ansari wrote:
Hi John,

I just wanted to pass along a summary of my web start issues I struggled
with yesterday and today.  Suddenly I was getting weird 'could not
verify signature' error for the netcdf-4.1.jar from web start.  A ton of
digging and running jarsigner -verify did nothing.  Unfortunately, we
also just upgraded to the new 'Oracle' JVM (1.6.21 I think) and got a
new certificate from Verisign, so I was running in circles.  Finally I
verified that the issue was really with netcdf-4.1.jar - it works with
netcdf-4.0.jar .  So I cracked open the jar and started messing with the
META-INF entries to see if anything helped.  Strangely, I removed the
META-INF/INDEX.LIST files and now it works.  I have NO idea why, but I
thought I'd pass it along.  Even stranger - the INDEX.LIST file also
exists in netcdf-4.0.jar, but doesn't seem to cause a problem.  Perhaps
it is out of sync with the actual directories present and this is
confusing the jarsigner or web start jar verifier???  I really don't
have a clue, but thought I'd pass it along just in case you run into a
similar issue.

Steve

hi steve, what version of the jar file did you see this problem on?