Re: Possible grib-8.0.jar bug

Hi John

I don't know who originally created these two MFA or Meteo France grib tabs,
but I do believe that there relatively new
and they appeared within the grib jar sometime after TDS 3.6.x.

Fabrice VOITUS and I have appreciated that someone created them because
previously we were working a kludge type work
around by using an existing ECMWF grib tab table.

Please don't remove the meteofrance tabs, I believe that removal of the period
after the Accum. snow variable within
both grib tab resource files will be sufficient. I've never seen use of a
period on any of the other abbreviated
variable names within any of the other existing grib tab tables.

I've tested this within an internal NCDC development TDS server with good
results. After deploying the enhanced
grib-8.0.jar and clearing the cache both OPeNDAP, NetcdfSubset and all of other
access methods rendered the Accum_snow
variable properly.

Tomorrow I plan on deploying this change to our externally facing production
TDS server which can be reviewed from the
link within my original email below.

Maybe after Robb returns from vacation he can take a quick look at the Meteo
France grib tab tables and confirm whether
my solution is appropriate. I suspect that he may know about the origins and
the author of these two new grib tab tables.

Thanks

-Bill

--
Bill Hankins
Software Developer, STG, Inc., Government Contractor