[THREDDS #KCF-378294]: OPeNDAP Data access output option (netcdf)

Hi Rosanna,

I'll add a quick note to Dennis' comments.

For various reasons, we do not plan to add a "Get netCDF" option to the OPeNDAP
Data Access web page interface. However, the TDS does support the NetCDF Subset
Service (NCSS) which supports dataset subsetting and returns netCDF files. It
is currently supported for gridded data only and the dataset must be limited to
the netCDF classic data model.

There is more on the NCSS here

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/NetcdfSubsetService.html

Here is an link to the NCSS page for one of the datasets on our main server:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ncss/grid/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p5deg/NCEP-GFS-Global_0p5deg_best.ncd/dataset.html

Hope that helps,

Ethan

Rosanna Sumagaysay wrote:
> I'm inquiring about the OPeNDAP Data Access bundled in THREDDs in which
> currently its output options are only
> [Get ASCII], [Get Binary]
>
> Will there be a [Get NETCDF] option in the future release(s) of THREDDS?
>

> A separate OPeNDAP server I've installed taken from (opendap.org) has the
> following output options:
> [Get ASCII], [Get as NetCDF], [Binary (DAP) Object]

Ticket ID: KCF-378294
Department: Support THREDDS