[netCDFJava #SBZ-133456]: [netcdf-java] Bug report: Variable name must be unique within Group

Here is my current belief as to what is happening.
The issues appears to be that you are asking for this
dataset:
http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/ndbc/cmanwx/2011/01/NDBC_WPOW1_201101_D1_v00.nc
to be returned as using the opendap format.
The conversion to opendap currently does not support groups,
so all groups are flattened into a single, top-level, group.
This flattening attempts to put two variables with the same name
but from different groups into the single flattened group; hence
the error.  You can see this by putting the following into your
web browser.
http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/ndbc/cmanwx/2011/01/NDBC_WPOW1_201101_D1_v00.nc.dds
You will see that the variable "wind_speed" occurs twice in that DDS.

To correct the problem, you need to access the data using some other
protocol besides opendap.

Let me know if I am missing something here; if so, I will continue to
look at the problem.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: SBZ-133456