Re: I think we have done it.

On 2/13/2012 8:49 AM, Peter Miu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

Jag has finally implemented a netCDF file using the projection and the 2
vectors to geo-locate the pixel values in IDV.
You can find examples of these netCDF files under the following FTP server.

ftp://ftp.eumetsat.int/pub/EUM/out/USD/Unidata_test_files

We've noticed that in IDV, the projection generated for these files looks
correct but it takes a very long time
to load the pixels' values for 1 channel into the projection (takes hours).

Can you pass these files to the IDV team to see why its taking so long to load
them
(Note: we tried allocating the a lot of memory to IDV (3GB) with no improvement
in loading times).

Regards,

Pete.

hi peter:

yes this looks good (see attached).

I loaded in IDV, using "Color Shaded Plan View". Slow, but not impossible. The default "Contour Plan View" was so slow i didnt wait for it.

Ive forwarded this to idv-support (remove that if you reply to this email)
(support: file is in /upc/share/caron/MSG2_W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+IMAGERY,MSG2+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20100927130009.nc).

Also can try in toolsui:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v4.2/webstart/netCDFtools.jnlp

go to FeatureType/Grid, enter filename, hit the red alien, then in that new window, hit the red alien.

its a very large image, nothing really else to do to speed it up, other than use a stride when you dont want/need the full detail.

congratulations!

john