[netCDFJava #ZNN-988290]: reading an hdf 5 file

> Hi,
>
> I am using McIDAS-V to load a hdf 5 file.  When the file loads, only the 2D
> grids load.  The 3D grids based on pressure, lat, lon do not load.  Is there
> a way to read the entire file (ignoring the data based on emissivity, lat,
> lon).
>
> ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/ABI/joleenf/kaba/CrIS_d20120629_t072826.atm_prof_rtv.h5
>
> This should load in a similar way to the hdf4 version from a different
> instrument (same product on a different instrument).
>
> ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/ABI/joleenf/kaba/AIRS.2012.06.29.177.atm_prof_rtv.hdf
>
> Thanks,
> Joleen

Hi Joleen:

This is an NPP file. That data team seemed to go out of there way to discard
all previously working conventions.

Anyway, I think that the McV team wrote an NPP reader themselves, so you might
check with them.

Meanwhile, I have improved our NPP Conventions and can now read than file
correctly. The improved version will be out in 4.3.15 release, so you might
watch for that.

John

Ticket ID: ZNN-988290
Department: Support netCDF Java