[netCDFJava #RET-980265]: point ob class changes from 4.2 to 4.3

those two classes were moved there in case you still want to use them,
but the entire ucar.nc2.ft.point package is deprecated and wont be maintained.

instead, use ucar.nc2.ft.point.writer.WriterCF<type>Collection

we are still working on improving them, however.

John.

> Hi-
>
> I'm trying to upgrade RAMADDA to use the CDM/THREDDS 4.3 code so we can
> take advantage of the climate calendar and some radar related updates
> that Yuan needs.  I'm getting some ClassNotFoundExceptions when I try to
> compile with the new libraries (4.3.17).
>
> In 4.2, we were using the following classes:
>
> import ucar.nc2.ft.point.writer.CFPointObWriter;
> import ucar.nc2.ft.point.writer.PointObVar;
>
> which don't seem to exist in 4.3.  However, I find similarly named
> classes in the package:
>
> ucar.nc2.dt.point
>
> which weren't there in 4.2 as best I can tell.  Are these the same
> classes, but with different package names now?   If so, do they still
> have the same API (ctors, methods, etc) and should we move to the dt
> package?  If not, what are the replacements in 4.3?
>
> I looked through the netCDF-Java web page, but didn't see anything
> obvious about this change.
>
> Thanks for your guidance.
>
> Don
> --